Thursday, January 13, 2011

Note to Self

As I was going through some of my 15,000 pictures on my computer tonight I again thought that I really should be using my photos in my journals, etc. It also crossed my mind that I really really really need to back them up to the terabyte of external hard drive that I bought over a year ago...yes, it is still in the box. And yes, I do feel like I'm living on the edge by not having back-ups.

Both of these pictures were taken during our trip to the White Mountains of New Hampshire this summer. The problem I find with taking digital photos is that I take them, upload them to the computer, and leave them there without looking at them again.





4 comments:

  1. What a clear, close up view of the chipmunk. I wish I were able to do that well with the squirrels in my backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mim, The little guy kept wandering around me so he was pretty close, but I still used my big telephoto lens. I love the squirrels too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I am totally in that boat. 1000s of photos. No backups. Now I'm nervous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep my drive attached to the computer and on but still don't always get to the backups. I have had a permanent crash or two on a computer though. It is a good idea to get to the backups. It might make you review all the wonderful pics you have in old folders!

    ReplyDelete